We all love Pancakes and they shouldn’t be reserved for just Shrove Tuesday, I regrettably purchased a bottle of ready-made pancake mix in February and it was awful, you just can’t beat the real thing!
Pancakes are also good to make if you haven’t done your food shopping and need a quick and tasty meal, you can use all kinds of ingredients to create tasty variations but for today I’ve included a no fuss super easy recipe!
Ingredients: 110g Plain Flour, 200ml whole milk, (use semi skimmed if preferred) 50g butter, pinch of salt. 2 large eggs.
1) First, sift all of your flour into a bowl adding a pinch of salt.
2) Then make a well in the centre and add the two eggs.
3) Whisk well with an electric or hand whisk, as the mixture starts to thicken gradually add the milk.
4) Melt the butter in a pan on the hob, or alternatively microwave on a medium heat for up to a minute until melted.
5) Add the butter to the mix and continue to whisk until smooth and free of lumps.
6) Put the frying pan on the hob with a drop of olive oil, use a kitchen paper towel to smother this before the pan gets too hot, then turn up the heat! Meanwhile pour the mixture from the bowl into a jug to make pouring easier.
7) As soon as the pan is hot pour in the mixture for your first pancake and tip the pan from side to side so that the base is evenly covered in mixture.
8) It will take half or a full minute to cook depending on how much mixture you have used, use a pallet knife to lift the edge if you aren’t sure before attempting to flip. The pancake will turn a tinged gold.
Once flipped cook for up to half a minute more before serving on a plate with your choice of accompaniment. I love Strawberry jam and sugar in the middle but my boyfriend prefers Lemon juice 🙂